Why attend a workshop/ conference?
- As a music teachers, the new learning you take back to your school after the workshop will impact every student in the school!
- It is important for music teachers to see what is happening in other buildings and classrooms. Most music teachers do not get to do that very often since they are often the only teacher in their subject area at their building.
- Idaho Orff conferences are the largest professional development opportunity specifically for elementary music educators in Idaho.
- Orff workshops are in no way exclusively Orff-Schulwerk method based. Clinicians teach Dalcroze, Kodàly, Music Learning Theory, and research based strategies.
- Workshops help you bring yourself up to speed with best practices and teaching standards.
- The Orff method is like Miracle-Gro for a child's creativity. It is concentrated and very effective!
- Collaborate and network with colleagues from all over the state.
- Boost your teaching energy!
- Reconnect with what it is you love about teaching and bring that love and passion back to your students, school and community!
Need help convincing your administrator?
Use the list above to help guide your discussion with your administrator about the impact your attendance and learning at the conference will have on your entire school. Still need help convincing your administrator? Visit the AOSA Advocacy page for more ideas!
ASK YOUR ADMINISTRATOR TO ATTEND WITH YOU!
The first teacher to reach out to the president is invited to bring their administrator to the October workshops for FREE!